Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Stephen Nelson-Smith <sa...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/23 12:14:07 UTC

Nginx Front End

Hello,

I'm currently using Apache 2.2 and mod_proxy_ajp to load balance
across 3 tomcat servers.

I'm considering looking at nginx as Apache seems somewhat resource
intensive.  Has anyone on the list tried this?  Does nginx support (or
need to support) ajp13?

S.

Re: Nginx Front End

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: Nginx Front End

Posted by Stephen Nelson-Smith <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

> If Nginx can do HTTP proxying, you can use that instead of ajp13 if you
> wish.

It certainly can - and very fast indeed.  So would I then be
reconfiguring Tomcat to use its own http server?  At present apache
serves http and passes the ajp stuff to tomcat.

S.

Re: Nginx Front End

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.