Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ionel Gardais <io...@geomath.fr> on 2003/04/18 11:17:48 UTC

Cannot find message resources under key org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE but not using localization !

Hi,

I am getting a JasperException :
Cannot find message resources under key org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE

when asking to display an ActionForm whereas I'm not using localization !

 From tomcat log :
2003-04-18 11:13:32,598 DEBUG [org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils] Get
module name for path /searchlink.do
2003-04-18 11:13:32,600 DEBUG [org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils]
Module name found: default
2003-04-18 11:13:32,629 DEBUG
[org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor] Processing a 'GET' for path
'/searchlink'
2003-04-18 11:13:32,633 DEBUG
[org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor]  Setting user locale 'fr'
2003-04-18 11:13:32,635 DEBUG
[org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor]  Looking for Action instance
for class beicip.struts.VoirAnnuaireAction
2003-04-18 11:13:32,635 DEBUG
[org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor]   Creating new Action instance
2003-04-18 11:13:32,666 INFO  [STDOUT] Debut ActionForward
2003-04-18 11:13:32,668 DEBUG
[org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor]
processForwardConfig(ForwardConfig[name=search,path=/search.jsp,redirect=false,contextRelative=false])
2003-04-18 11:13:43,758 INFO
[org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources] Initializing,
config='org.apache.struts.taglib.html.LocalStrings', returnNull=true
2003-04-18 11:13:43,766 DEBUG [org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils]
Looking for ActionForm bean instance in scope 'request' under attribute
key 'SearchForm'
2003-04-18 11:13:43,768 DEBUG [org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils]
Creating new ActionForm instance of type 'beicip.struts.SearchForm'
2003-04-18 11:13:43,768 DEBUG [org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils]  -->
beicip.struts.SearchForm@2a2cf9
2003-04-18 11:13:43,770 INFO
[org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources] Initializing,
config='org.apache.struts.taglib.html.LocalStrings', returnNull=true
2003-04-18 11:13:43,989 INFO
[org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources] Initializing,
config='org.apache.struts.taglib.html.LocalStrings', returnNull=true
2003-04-18 11:13:43,996 INFO
[org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources] Initializing,
config='org.apache.struts.taglib.html.LocalStrings', returnNull=true
2003-04-18 11:13:43,999 DEBUG
[org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources]
getMessage(en_US,message.bundle)
2003-04-18 11:13:43,999 DEBUG
[org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources] loadLocale(en_US)
2003-04-18 11:13:44,000 DEBUG
[org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources]   Loading resource
'org/apache/struts/util/LocalStrings_en_US.properties'
2003-04-18 11:13:44,053 DEBUG
[org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources]   Loading resource
completed
2003-04-18 11:13:44,054 DEBUG
[org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources] loadLocale(en)
2003-04-18 11:13:44,054 DEBUG
[org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources]   Loading resource
'org/apache/struts/util/LocalStrings_en.properties'
2003-04-18 11:13:44,109 DEBUG
[org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources]   Loading resource
completed
2003-04-18 11:13:44,109 DEBUG
[org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources] loadLocale()
2003-04-18 11:13:44,110 DEBUG
[org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources]   Loading resource
'org/apache/struts/util/LocalStrings.properties'
2003-04-18 11:13:44,149 DEBUG
[org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources]   Loading resource
completed
2003-04-18 11:13:44,150 DEBUG
[org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources]   Saving message key
'.message.bundle
2003-04-18 11:13:44,151 DEBUG
[org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources]   Saving message key
'.parameters.single
2003-04-18 11:13:44,151 DEBUG
[org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources]   Saving message key
'.lookup.target
2003-04-18 11:13:44,151 DEBUG
[org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources]   Saving message key
'.computeURL.forwards
2003-04-18 11:13:44,151 DEBUG
[org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources]   Saving message key
'.computeURL.specifier
2003-04-18 11:13:44,151 DEBUG
[org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources]   Saving message key
'.lookup.scope
2003-04-18 11:13:44,151 DEBUG
[org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources]   Saving message key
'.parameters.multi
2003-04-18 11:13:44,151 DEBUG
[org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources]   Saving message key
'.actionErrors.errors
2003-04-18 11:13:44,152 DEBUG
[org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources]   Saving message key
'.lookup.method
2003-04-18 11:13:44,152 DEBUG
[org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources]   Saving message key
'.computeURL.forward
2003-04-18 11:13:44,152 DEBUG
[org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources]   Saving message key
'.lookup.bean.any
2003-04-18 11:13:44,152 DEBUG
[org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources]   Saving message key
'.actionMessages.errors
2003-04-18 11:13:44,152 DEBUG
[org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources]   Saving message key
'.lookup.bean
2003-04-18 11:13:44,152 DEBUG
[org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources]   Saving message key
'.lookup.access
2003-04-18 11:13:44,152 DEBUG
[org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources]   Saving message key
'.write.io
2003-04-18 11:13:44,155 ERROR [org.jboss.web.localhost.Engine]
ApplicationDispatcher[/BeicipDemo/Struts] Servlet.service() for servlet
jsp threw exception
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Cannot find message resources under
key org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE
    at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:254)
    at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)

Anybody know what is happening ?

thanks,
ionel

--
- fetchez la vache
- quoi ?

Re: Cannot find message resources under key org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE but not using localization !

Posted by tim sherwood <re...@yahoo.com>.
Ionel,

I am gettting a similar message too and cannot track it
down either. I hope to have a decent answer today. What
version and system are you using?

I first thought I had missed an entry in one of the
resource files but there just wasn't anything missed, it is
a very simple program. I suspect it has to do with a class
file writing to a resource that isn't available. I am very
new to struts and don't know enough about the relationship
between the component pieces yet.

Best
Tim