Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by lalit jangra <la...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/03 23:17:30 UTC

Running Zookeeper in clustered setup/

Hi,

I am a newbie in Zookeeper are so please apologize for any not so relevant
question asked.

I am running clustered Apache ManifoldCF on two nodes which are pointing to
same database. But i need synchronization between both nodes so avoid race
condition while both nodes are working together.

For same, as per Apache ManifoldCF guidelines, i am using Zookeeper to
manage synchronization in cluster.Also as per ManifoldCF & Zookeeper
instructions, i have setup & configured two set of three Zookeeper server
at both nodes which are working fine.

But i have a clustered setup where both ManifoldCF nodes point to same DB ,
i am still clueless about how should i proceed to connect Zookeeper nodes
at both servers to make a single setup.

Also i am not sure whether it is necessary or not but then the question
arises that how two servers & Zookeeper nodes in cluster will talk to each
other?

So normally what should be the steps taken once zookeeper servers are setup
to maintain synchronization.

Regards,
Lalit Jangra.

Re: Running Zookeeper in clustered setup/

Posted by Cameron McKenzie <mc...@gmail.com>.
Glad you got it going. I'm not much help with tuning, but the user guide
has a bit on it. I'm sure some other people on the list will be able to
help you if you have specific questions.
cheers

Posted by lalit jangra <la...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Cam,

Posted by Cameron McKenzie <mc...@gmail.com>.