Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Russell Cecala <ru...@netscape.net> on 2002/05/22 23:29:15 UTC

Can services be written in C++?

Sorry for another newbie question,

But do services for Apache SOAP have to be written in Java?
If not, how does one get documentation on how to
write Apache SOAP services in other languages?

Thanks
Embrasssed newbie

Re: Can services be written in C++?

Posted by Vivek Chopra <vi...@yahoo.com>.
Russell,

Apache SOAP is a java library- you would need to write
your service in java. In case you wish to write a C++
Web Service, you would need to use a C++ SOAP
implementation. There are three (that I know of)-

*  WASPC
(http://www.systinet.com/products/waspc/index.html)

*  easySOAP++
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/easysoap/)

* gSOAP (http://www.cs.fsu.edu/~engelen/soap.html)

All three are available in open source. These and
other SOAP implementations are listed at
http://www.soaprpc.com/software/

- Vivek

--- Russell Cecala <ru...@netscape.net> wrote:
> Sorry for another newbie question,
>
> But do services for Apache SOAP have to be written
> in Java?
> If not, how does one get documentation on how to
> write Apache SOAP services in other languages?
>
> Thanks
> Embrasssed newbie

> Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and
> great gift ideas. Experience the convenience of
> buying online with Shop@Netscape!
> http://shopnow.netscape.com/
>
> Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Mail account
> today at http://webmail.netscape.com/

LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
http://launch.yahoo.com

RE: Can services be written in C++?

Posted by Erich Izdepski <ei...@cysive.com>.
I wouldn't do it, but you can use JNI (Java Native Interface) to achieve
this. If you have many services already written in C++ this is one approach.
Better to deploy using a native C++ web service environment.

Erich Izdepski
Senior Software Engineer
Cysive, Inc.

http://webmail.netscape.com/