Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/12 18:46:50 UTC

Exception during rt/core build

Hi

Seeing this exception when building rt/core :

Exception in thread "Thread-8" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at java.io.File.deleteOnExit(File.java:939)
        at org.apache.cxf.helpers.FileUtils.delete(FileUtils.java:155)
        at org.apache.cxf.helpers.FileUtils.removeDir(FileUtils.java:138)
        at org.apache.cxf.helpers.FileUtils$1.run(FileUtils.java:82)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Shutdown in progress
        at java.lang.Shutdown.add(Shutdown.java:62)
        at java.lang.System$2.registerShutdownHook(System.java:1146)
        at java.io.DeleteOnExitHook.<clinit>(DeleteOnExitHook.java:20)
        ... 4 more

Not sure where it is coming from though. Can someone verify it as well ?

thanks, Sergey

Re: Exception during rt/core build

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Monday 12 April 2010 12:46:50 pm Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
> Hi
>
> Seeing this exception when building rt/core :
>
> Exception in thread "Thread-8" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
>         at java.io.File.deleteOnExit(File.java:939)
>         at org.apache.cxf.helpers.FileUtils.delete(FileUtils.java:155)
>         at org.apache.cxf.helpers.FileUtils.removeDir(FileUtils.java:138)
>         at org.apache.cxf.helpers.FileUtils$1.run(FileUtils.java:82)
> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Shutdown in progress
>         at java.lang.Shutdown.add(Shutdown.java:62)
>         at java.lang.System$2.registerShutdownHook(System.java:1146)
>         at java.io.DeleteOnExitHook.<clinit>(DeleteOnExitHook.java:20)
>         ... 4 more
>
> Not sure where it is coming from though. Can someone verify it as well ?

I'm not seeing this on Linux, but that's not really that surprising.   Linux
allows deleting open files and such which Windows doesn't allow.   It SOUNDS
like a file is still open (and thus locked) at shutdown time and thus cannot
be deleted.    Check your tmp dir for any cxf-* dirs and take a look at any
files that are in there.   Maybe one of them can help determine which test is
not cleaning things up properly.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org