Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Kevin Smith <ke...@netsmith.ltd.uk> on 2002/03/11 12:35:48 UTC

Access Restrictions

Hi All,

My development website is currently password protected, however, I want a
sub-directory inside the password protected site to have public access.

How do I do this, this is basically want I need to do :

Current Config :
        <Directory /var/www/htdocs>
                Options +Includes
                AddType text/html .shtml
                AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
                AddHandler cgi-script cgi pl

                AuthType Basic
                AuthName "Control Panel"
                AuthUserFile /etc/gnr.passwd
                Require valid-user
        </Directory>

What I want added as a public folder with no password protection

        <Directory /var/www/htdocs/survey>
                Options +Includes
                AddType text/html .shtml
                AddHandler server-parsed .shtml