Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Abhishek tiwari <ab...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/09 10:10:50 UTC

Upgrade solr

Can some help me how to Upgrade my solr from 1.4? what step we need to
take..

Re: Upgrade solr

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Take a look at the solr/CHANGES.txt file. Each release has
an "Upgrading from " section, the one you're interested in
is "Upgrading from Solr 1.4" in the 3.1.0 section, and then the
ones that are in subsequent sections.

Of course I'd try it on a copy of my index first...

If at all possible, the easiest way is to re-index your data.

Best
Erick