Posted to modproxy-dev@apache.org by Juan Rivera <Ju...@citrix.com> on 2003/05/05 17:49:13 UTC

forward proxy on reverse proxy

This is a weird configuration but is it possible to configure a reverse
proxy to use a forward proxy?

The use case is when the reverse proxy does not have direct access to the
backend web server and requires a forward proxy to reach it.

Is this configuration possible?

Juan

Re: forward proxy on reverse proxy

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
Juan Rivera wrote:

> This is a weird configuration but is it possible to configure a reverse
> proxy to use a forward proxy?
>
> The use case is when the reverse proxy does not have direct access to
> the backend web server and requires a forward proxy to reach it.
>
> Is this configuration possible?

AFAIK yes - there are directives that define a downstream forward proxy,
and as I understand these directives apply for both apache forward and
reverse proxy configs. Look in the docs for more details.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street