Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Johannes Schmidt <js...@t8d.de> on 2010/02/12 11:34:29 UTC

[admins] and [users] in local.ini

Hi all,
I have edited an admin user in local.ini's [admins] section and
everything works fine. However I'd like to have my app. requesting with
an *ordinary* user that is just able to create, read, and delete custom
documents but that is _not_ able to create a new database or read
config. documents etc. I have added a [users] section containing "myuser
= mysecret" - but this has no effect. Is such a distinction between
admins and users on HTTP auth. level possible?

Best regards,
Johannes

Re: [admins] and [users] in local.ini

Posted by Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 11:05 AM, Johannes Schmidt <js...@t8d.de> wrote:
> Hi Brian,
> thnx for your help.

There is a screencast here which should help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHKvV3Nh-CI

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net