Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Vivian Cotton <vi...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2015/01/25 21:23:43 UTC

Word completion

I am using open office 4.1 on windows 8.  I am using the spreadsheet and want to use word completion. It works if I use enter but goes to next row.  I want to go to next column.  If I use tab it won't go anywhere just beeps and I have to finish typing whole word. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad

Re: Word completion

Posted by johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su>.
Vivian Cotton <vi...@yahoo.com>:

> I am using open office 4.1 on windows 8.  I am using the spreadsheet and want to use word completion. It works if I use enter but goes to next row.  I want to go to next column.  If I use tab it won't go anywhere just beeps and I have to finish typing whole word. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

i do not have openoffice at hand right now, but as far as i remmember, you could just use the right arrow key instead of the enter key.

Re: Word completion

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com>.
At 15:23 25/01/2015 -0500, Vivian Cotton wrote:
>I am using open office 4.1 on windows 8. I am using the spreadsheet
>and want to use word completion. It works if I use enter but goes to
>next row. I want to go to next column.

Go to Tools | Options... | OpenOffice Calc | General | Input
settings. "Press Enter to move selection " should be ticked. At the
right, select Right (instead of Down) from the drop-down menu.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Re: Word completion

Posted by Jim McLaughlin <jj...@gmail.com>.
Brian -

Thank you.  I, too, had the same issue and was not aware that there was an
option.  I just lived with it as what I thought was an "artifact" of the
way OO was coded.

I appreciate the tip.