Posted to dev@metamodel.apache.org by Ashish Mukherjee <as...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/08 08:18:09 UTC

Enquiry about existing MM adoption

Hello,

I am aware couple of companies are using MM for their production
applications, ,as stated on this list.

For a better understanding of the trends in terms of its use and scale of
operation, I was wondering what are the connectors which people are using
most and what are the typical data sizes being queried through MM etc.
Which data stores do people generally query together or use in a combined
way?

Would any users of MM be willing to share some info related to this?

Thanks,
Ashish

Re: Enquiry about existing MM adoption

Posted by Alberto Rodriguez <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ashish,

I'm working for Stratio, one of the companies that is using Apache MM for a
production application: Datavis. Our application allows the users to build
dashboards to expose the real value of their data fetching it from a wide
range of data stores and using awesome widgets to show the data.

We mainly provide two types of datasources: native and SQL-like. The first
ones are using native drivers to fetch the data (the user should know the
language of the underlying data source, for instance to query our
ElasticSearch native connector the user might know lucene syntax). Using
our MM connectors the users can use their SQL skills to query their data.

We've added another abstraction layer to our application and the user can
combine queries from different data stores to build their widgets.

Kind regards,

Alberto

Posted by Francisco Javier Cano Bailen <fj...@stratio.com>.
Hello,

I think the previous mail is not able to show the images.

Now, they are attached, are they avalaible?

Besides, I uploaded them:

a) http://oi57.tinypic.com/2r71sb6.jpg
b) http://oi61.tinypic.com/2niv71y.jpg

See you,