Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ma...@kp.org on 2015/02/04 00:52:46 UTC

How to add PROPPATCH to webdav supported app

Hi Users:

HTTP method: PROPPATCH

Reference: WebDav is bundle with Apache Tomcat 8.0*

If my web application "myWebAppUsingWebDav" uses WebdavServlet, how to
configure myWebAppUsingWebDav so that it accepts PROPATCH request?

Thanks!
--------
Manish

Re: How to add PROPPATCH to webdav supported app

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 04/02/2015 19:57, Manish.M.Patel@kp.org wrote:
> Thanks  Chuck...
>
> Chuck / Users:
>
> Chuck, I had come across that when I googled it.
>
> local OS: windows 7
>
> current Issue: when I try to copy from windows 7 to my webapp
> "myWebAppUsingWebDev" it fails to copy to remote/network share.
> Microsoft says that myWebAppUsingWebDev/my web app should be configured to
> accept PROPPATCH and it should not return 501 error code (method not
> implemented) rather something in 400 series i.e. method not allowed
> (code=405)
>
> Microsoft is pointing to RFC about it (
> http://www.webdav.org/specs/rfc4918.html#METHOD_PROPPATCH)

How about your read the response you got two weeks ago when you asked
exactly the same question?

Mark

Posted by Ma...@kp.org.

From:   "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>
To:     Tomcat Users List <us...@tomcat.apache.org>
Date:   02/03/2015 04:16 PM
Subject:        RE: How to add PROPPATCH to webdav supported app

> From: Manish.M.Patel@kp.org [mailto:Manish.M.Patel@kp.org]
> Subject: How to add PROPPATCH to webdav supported app

> HTTP method: PROPPATCH

> Reference: WebDav is bundle with Apache Tomcat 8.0*

> If my web application "myWebAppUsingWebDav" uses WebdavServlet, how to
> configure myWebAppUsingWebDav so that it accepts PROPATCH request?

The WebDAV servlet included with Tomcat does not support PROPPATCH.  A
quick scan of the mailing list showed this thread:

http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=113347144015186&w=2

Note that Apache Slide is no longer maintained, but you should be able to
use Apache Jackrabbit.

- Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

RE: How to add PROPPATCH to webdav supported app

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.