Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/17 08:39:17 UTC

Custom UI for different Products

Hi All

I'm hoping for some input on the best way to implement custom
screens/forms for different product types.  I'm thinking I can either:
1. Use ProductAttributes to define what screens should be used for
various products
2. Create child ProductTypes and present screens based on that.  If I go
this way I'm thinking I would need to change all the code that uses
ProductTypes for processing so that they call something like:
    if (ProductServices.isParentProductType(productType,
"FINISHED_GOOD")) { Then process as a finished good

Any thoughts or other options?

Thanks
Scott

Re: Custom UI for different Products