Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ajay Patil <ap...@vertex.co.in> on 2003/07/28 07:29:38 UTC

Multiple modules - Please help

Hello,

I am trying to configure Struts with multiple modules. I have got
most of it working but I am stuck up at one point.

When the action classes forward to a JSP page, everything works ok.
But I get a 404 error if the action forwards to another action.

<action path="/list"
        .........>
  <forward name="edit" path="/edit.do">
</action>

Has anyone got the above case working with multiple modules ?
If yes, could you please send me the sample working config file ?

I also tried giving the modulename prefix but I got a 400 error :-(
<action path="/list"
        .........>
  <forward name="edit" path="/modulename/edit.do">
</action>

Any help is a blessing.
Ajay

Re: Multiple modules - Please help

Posted by Nagendra Kumar O V S <na...@ikigo.com>.
hi,
there is an SwitchAction available with struts, which can be used to switch
bet' modules. try it....
i have't implemented though....

-- nagi

RE: Multiple modules - Please help

Posted by Steve Raeburn <sr...@apache.org>.
If the action you are forwarding to is in a different module then you need
to use the SwitchAction or specify contextRelative=true on your forward
definition.

  <forward name="edit" path="/modulename/edit.do" contextRelative="true">

Steve