Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Keith Dowell <ke...@rogersmfg.com> on 2004/02/02 23:28:10 UTC

Marketing 10-none?

Lets take some of the new ways people are getting through.
This, for instance.

"The heialthy way to locse fbat and keep it ouff"

Have the people doing spam completely lost their minds to think that anyone
in their right mind would buy their product when they spell crap like this?
Or has the educational system, and the lack of spell check lulled the
average user into accepting ads like this as normal, and from some sort of
reputable source.

I guess my point is, how in the heck do they expect to sell anyone -
anything - when the ad looks like that? When they go that far to get an ad
through it seems to be more on the order of purposeful disruption, or
complete stupidity. Either of which should be punishable by immediate
execution... (from the net).

Re: Marketing 10-none?

Posted by Daniel Quinlan <qu...@pathname.com>.
"Keith Dowell" <ke...@rogersmfg.com> writes:

> Lets take some of the new ways people are getting through.
> This, for instance.
>
> "The heialthy way to locse fbat and keep it ouff"

A sucker is born every minute.

And he buys products advertised in spam.

Daniel

--
Daniel Quinlan                     anti-spam (SpamAssassin), Linux,
http://www.pathname.com/~quinlan/    and open source consulting