Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Dietz, Phil E." <PE...@West.com> on 2001/03/01 18:50:34 UTC

RE: [RFC] InodeEtag option

No one has replied.  Any opinions ?

Sorry, my own vote is #2.  It retains a higher degree of compatibility with old binaries

RE: [RFC] InodeEtag option

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>.
On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, Joshua Slive wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, Dietz, Phil E. wrote:
>
> > No one has replied.  Any opinions ?
> >

> I don't see why this is being implemented as an "Option".  What is the
> harm of adding another directive?  Problems with the "Option" approach:

Right.  I think this is the rationale behind all the objections to adding
more Options before; Options are a historical anachronism from before "the
server" (NCSA at the time) easily supported the more flexible config
language that Apache now supports.

RE: [RFC] InodeEtag option

Posted by Joshua Slive <sl...@finance.commerce.ubc.ca>.