Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by pmanolov <pm...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/12 14:26:02 UTC

SIMPLE authentication is not enabled. Available:[TOKEN]

Hi Guys,
I am trying to run the examples, I am infact running the java example
(org.apache.oozie.example.DemoJavaMain)
I am successfully submitting the job and I can see it in oozie web
console, however I get the following exception in the logs
USER[root] GROUP[-] TOKEN[] APP[java-main-wf]
JOB[0000003-140612113117052-oozie-root-W]
ACTION[0000003-140612113117052-oozie-root-W@java-node] Error starting
action [java-node]. ErrorType [NON_TRANSIENT], ErrorCode [JA002],
Message [JA002: SIMPLE authentication is not enabled. Available:[TOKEN]]
org.apache.oozie.action.ActionExecutorException: JA002: SIMPLE
authentication is not enabled.  Available:[TOKEN]

Isn't simple authentication switched on by default? Isn't that the
anonymous access ?
Here is my job.properties file

nameNode=hdfs://hadoop-nn:9000
jobTracker=hadoop-rm:8030
queueName=default
user.name=root
oozie.wf.application.path=${nameNode}/apps/java-main
oozie.libpath=${nameNode}/apps/lib
outputDir=/apps/output

hadoop-nn - is the name node
hadoop-rm - is the resource manager

Has anyone seen this particular exception? I have no clue how to go
about solve this problem, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter

Re: SIMPLE authentication is not enabled. Available:[TOKEN]

Posted by pmanolov <pm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Guys,
I've been digging and I found what is causing the issue. It seems that
Hadoop needs some soft of token based authentication. How have you guys
set up your connection are you all using Kerberos, or is there a way to
provide some sort of a Token, even thought authentication is disabled?
It seems that the resource manager needs some sort of authentication and
TOKEN is hardcoded into it. Can you please share how have you configured
both your oozie and hadoop , I guess I just need to know how to provide
a token so that oozie can authenticate itself against hadoop and submit
the job I've created.

Thanks,
Peter