Posted to dev@yetus.apache.org by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@effectivemachines.com.INVALID> on 2018/12/09 22:03:54 UTC

[DRAFT] [REPORT] Yetus - December 2018

I feel like I’m forgetting something ...

==========

Apache Yetus provides libraries and tools that enable contribution and
release processes for software projects.

## Issues:

There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:

There were three big changes in the project over the past quarter.

1) The project has moved to a Maven-based build system.  This change will enable the project to clean up a lot of automation, additional testing, and lots of other exciting things.  Before Maven, Yetus was built via a shell script that lacked much functionality.  Moving to a real build tool has been on the TODO list for a very long time (YETUS-15!).

2) We've changed contributions to be Lazy Consensus with a 72-hour window.  This change was done primarily to unblock contributions that were having trouble getting past the patch phase due to lack of review time.  It is hoped that this will increase project velocity.  The release process is unchanged.

3) We've started publishing convenience artifacts on hub.docker.com.  Combined with other changes, the Docker images will hopefully reduce project adoption on services such as Circle CI, Travis CI, and GitLab CI in addition to more traditional Jenkins shops now utilizing Docker.

## Health report:

As predicted, health-wise, this quarter was relatively quiet.  With the above changes combined with the forced relocation of ASF projects to Gitbox, the next quarter may prove interesting and/or challenging.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 8 PMC members.
 - Last PMC addition was Ajay Yadav on Thu Dec 01 2016

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 12 committers.
 - Last committer addition was Akira Ajisaka at Tue Feb 06 2018

## Releases:

 - Last release was 0.8.0 on Wed Aug 29 2018

## Mailing list activity:

 - dev@yetus.apache.org:

 - notifications@yetus.apache.org:

## JIRA activity:

Re: [DRAFT #2] [REPORT] Yetus - December 2018

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@effectivemachines.com.INVALID>.
This has been submitted (with updated stats).

Thanks!

Re: [DRAFT] [REPORT] Yetus - December 2018

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@effectivemachines.com.INVALID>.

> On Dec 9, 2018, at 7:22 PM, Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Combined with other changes, the Docker images will hopefully reduce
> project adoption on services such as Circle CI, Travis CI, and GitLab CI in
> addition to more traditional Jenkins shops now utilizing Docker.
>

> I think you mean "reduce barriers to project adoption" or "increase project
> adoption”

	Yikes! Good catch! Thanks!

	lol

Re: [DRAFT] [REPORT] Yetus - December 2018

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.
>  Combined with other changes, the Docker images will hopefully reduce
project adoption on services such as Circle CI, Travis CI, and GitLab CI in
addition to more traditional Jenkins shops now utilizing Docker.

I think you mean "reduce barriers to project adoption" or "increase project
adoption"

On Sun, Dec 9, 2018, 16:04 Allen Wittenauer