Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Tomas Restrepo <to...@devdeo.com> on 2007/01/11 21:54:12 UTC

Testing .NET Client authentication

I've got an initial version of the .NET client authentication support
already done. I ended up implementing a simple SASL client (mostly following
the SASL Java api documentation and guidelines from
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/security/sasl/sasl-refguide.html),
and integrating that into the main code base by adding all the necessary
support classes and modifying the method handlers as necessary following the
original java code (since the API is almost exactly the same, this wasn't a
problem).

I already got built-in CRAM-MD5, PLAIN and a very rough DIGEST-MD5 mechanism
support (though the digest one would never be used as things stand right
now). I've got quite a few unit-tests for these and made sure the responses
match the rfc samples so I'm hoping they'll work without too much fuss.

That said, I haven't been able to do any interop testing against the java
client (mostly do to me not being able to run the java client yet; need to
solve a couple of environment problems and btw, where the heck is qpid-run
supposed to be?), so I would really appreciate it someone could help me out
with the testing to ensure the code works as expected.

Any takers?

Tomas Restrepo
tomas.restrepo@devdeo.com
http://www.winterdom.com/weblog/