Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by Jan Kossow <J....@desma.de> on 2015/03/06 12:06:01 UTC

connectors.xml is ignored?

Hi,

I setup a new machine with ManifoldCF 2.0.2. Before I used 1.6.1 . Did anything change in the behavior of the "Windows Share" connector?

My properties.xml points to the correct connectors.xml where I have an entry ->  <repositoryconnector name="Windows shares" class="org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.connectors.sharedrive.SharedDriveConnector"/>. I also have jcifs.jar in connector-lib-proprietary .

No matter what I change in connectors.xml I always get the same list of connection types under "List Repository Connections". "Windows shares" is not in the list unfortunately. The strange thing is even if I delete most of the entries in connectors.xml the list stays the same.

I even tried to override the connectors.xml with the java parameter -Dorg.apache.manifoldcf.connectorsconfigurationfile=/opt/jetty_manifold_base/connectors.xml but that doesn't change anything either.

How can I investigate this further? I haven't found any obvious hints in the logs :(

Mit freundlichem Gruß / With kind regards

KLÖCKNER DESMA Schuhmaschinen GmbH

Jan-Hendrik Kossow
EDV

Desmastr. 3/5
28832 Achim

Phone    +49(4202)990 621
E-Mail     j.kossow@desma.de
WEB        www.desma.de

Geschäftsführung: C. Decker, K. Freese. Sitz der Gesellschaft:  28832 Achim.  Handelsregister:  Walsrode HRB 121162
Managing Directors: C. Decker, K. Freese. Company domicile:  28832 Achim. Trade Register:  Walsrode HRB 121162

Re: connectors.xml is ignored?

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jan,

In a binary release you merely have to uncomment the shared drive connector
connectors.xml, as you say.  Make sure jcifs.jar is in
connector-lib-proprietary, and start MCF.  You should see:

Successfully registered repository connector
'org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.connectors.sharedrive.SharedDriveConnector'

And "Windows shares" should appear in the pulldown.

If this doesn't work, it is likely to be a browser caching issue.

Karl

AW: connectors.xml is ignored?

E-Mail     j.kossow@desma.de<ma...@desma.de>
WEB        www.desma.de<http://www.desma.de>