Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Tobias Pfeiffer <tg...@preferred.jp> on 2017/10/23 08:00:41 UTC

Directory mounted in job not visible on host

Hi,

in my Mesos job (Mesos containerizer) I am mounting a squashfs image file
to some directory on the file system and can access the directory and its
contents fine from within that job. However, on the Mesos host (i.e., not
in the job itself) that directory does not appear in the output of the
`mount` command and when inspecting the directory, it is empty. In
particular, my Mesos job launches a Docker container and mounts that
previously mounted directory as a volume (don't ask ...), but in the Docker
container that volume is also empty.

I am wondering if there is any way that I could make a mount operation
performed by a job visible to the outside world?

Thanks
Tobias

Re: Directory mounted in job not visible on host

Posted by Tobias Pfeiffer <tg...@preferred.jp>.
Jie,

that's great, thank you! Looking forward to that functionality!

Thanks
Tobias

--
Tobias Pfeiffer, Lead Engineer
Preferred Networks Inc, <https://www.preferred-networks.jp/>

Re: Directory mounted in job not visible on host

Posted by Jie Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Tobias,