Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Raffaele Sgarro <ra...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/05 22:27:34 UTC

Shade Plugin issues thousands of [WARNING] we have a duplicate

Here is my project's POM  http://hastebin.com/hodujivive.xml

I followed the advice of configuring the default jar plugin as advertised
on  http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Shade+Plugin , but still
when I run "mvn package" about 20K warnings are issued. I know that these
issues are not harmful, but I'm used to treat warnings as something that
must be fixed. Moreover, I'm just a beginner with Maven, so I'd like to
understand what's wrong with my understanding, and how to troubleshoot
problems.

Re: Shade Plugin issues thousands of [WARNING] we have a duplicate

Posted by Andreas M <an...@gmail.com>.
It's probably the case where you haven't run mvn clean, so the shade plugin
finds the classes in the old already packaged jars in target.
Try to run mvn clean install, and if the warnings are still there, it's
something else...

/Andreas