Posted to user@ranger.apache.org by Mack Hendricks <mh...@hortonworks.com> on 2015/08/22 11:29:47 UTC

Setting up ranger admin

After compiling ranger I ran ./setup and I receive the error below.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

WARNING: Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Empty key
at javax.crypto.spec.SecretKeySpec.<init>(SecretKeySpec.java:97)
at org.apache.hadoop.security.alias.JavaKeyStoreProvider.innerSetCredential(JavaKeyStoreProvider.java:241)
at org.apache.hadoop.security.alias.JavaKeyStoreProvider.createCredentialEntry(JavaKeyStoreProvider.java:204)
at org.apache.hadoop.security.alias.CredentialShell$CreateCommand.execute(CredentialShell.java:365)
at org.apache.hadoop.security.alias.CredentialShell.run(CredentialShell.java:68)
at org.apache.ranger.credentialapi.buildks.createKeyStore(buildks.java:155)
at org.apache.ranger.credentialapi.buildks.createCredential(buildks.java:92)
at org.apache.ranger.credentialapi.buildks.main(buildks.java:39)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "update_property.py", line 40, in <module>
    write_properties_to_xml(ranger_admin_site_xml_path,parameter_name,parameter_value)
  File "update_property.py", line 21, in write_properties_to_xml
    if(os.path.isfile(xml_path)):
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/genericpath.py", line 29, in isfile
    st = os.stat(path)
TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found
2015-08-22 09:25:16,261  [E] Update property failed for:

Mack Hendricks Solutions Engineer, Hortonworks
Mobile: 947-517-6566
Email: mhendricks@hortonworks.com<ma...@hortonworks.com>
Website: http://www.hortonworks.com/

Re: Setting up ranger admin

Posted by Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>.
Mack, do you unlimited JCE installed on your system for the JDK you are
using?

Thanks

Bosco

From:  Mack Hendricks <mh...@hortonworks.com>