Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nicolas Mailhot <Ni...@laPoste.net> on 2004/09/27 15:46:22 UTC

Native server configuration examples

Hi,

	I'm currently moving a setup from tomcat3/jk1/apache1 to
tomcat5/jk2/apache2. Needless to say, there are lots of small changes to
do all over the place, but so far the biggest headache has proved to be
the connector. I must admit I'm not too found of .ini files and finding
I needed one one on a unix platform didn't improve my mood.

	Anyway after combing the doc and googling a lot I found out I could
replace my old JkWorkersFile by a JkSet config.file (took me one day -
and this is only the first line of the jk/apache config I need to
adapt). I understand (now) I'm supposed to perform a synthesis of
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/connectors-
doc/jk2/jk2/configwebcom.html and the "Native server configuration" ยง in
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/connectors-doc/jk2/jk2/configweb.html.
However having an example of complete native conf to work from would no
doubt improve my throughput. Does anyone here know of such a beast? I'd
really love not to tax the few neurons that survived my first encounter
with the jk2 documentation.

Nicolas Mailhot