Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Glenn Barnard <ba...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/18 17:46:08 UTC

Ibatis in the cloud

Does anyone have experience using Ibatis in an application that is deployed
in a "cloud" environment? What, if any, customization or other constraints
should I be facing?

Thanks!

Re: Ibatis in the cloud

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi Glenn,
I recently deployed a set of web services, realized on top of ibatis 2, in a
cluster of 3 nodes; the application was installed in each node of the
"cloud".
The difficulty I had to face[1] is that, using memcached as a distribuited
caching layer, since ibatis 2 keys generation is not unique but depends on
the JVM (relies on hashCode of some objects where hashCode() method is not
defined), I had to patch ibatis 2.
But the described problems have been fixed on ibatis 3, that's not released
yet, but is coming soon.
If you're looking for distribuited 3rd part caches integration, you can
check my - not apache ibatis supported - implementation on [2].
Let me know if you need other info.
Simo

[1] http://markmail.org/message/lm752wxm2jwcpg5l
[2] http://ibaguice.googlecode.com/svn/site/1.0-SNAPSHOT/index.html