Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Sam Ruby/Raleigh/IBM <ru...@us.ibm.com> on 2000/11/10 18:34:20 UTC

[VOTE] formation of an XML-SOAP-3 project

James Snell wrote:

> For now, since XP is not even out of the initial germination
> stages, SOAP should be our focus.  When XP comes around, we
> should track it and support it.  We have a great opportunity
> now to create an architecture that not only allows us to
> track XP without a major reorganization, but also allows us
> to support multiple protocols (SOAP & XP).  SOAP for
> backwards compatibility and MS Integration (I doubt .Net will
> track XP too closely for a while), and XP for obvious reasons.

Since the call for a new name seems to have fallen flat, and if there is
consensus that it is premature to focus exclusively on XP just yet, lets
simply create a SOAP-3 and get on with it.

So, the proposal is to create an XML-SOAP-3 project, with initially just a
-dev mailing list and, of course, a CVS tree.

Initial committers:

   brian, rubys, avahe, cnelson, duftler, dug, gdaniels, jacek, jmsnell,
   kmitchell, matkovitsg, neyama, sanjiva

If any of the current committers that I omitted from this list expresses an
interest in participating, they will be added.

- Sam Ruby

Re: [VOTE] formation of an XML-SOAP-3 project

Posted by Vahe Amirbekyan <av...@techone.com>.
+1

Vahe

--
       (\______________________________________________________/)
     __|_|        Vahe AMIRBEKYAN, Senior Consultant          |_|__

Re: [VOTE] formation of an XML-SOAP-3 project

Posted by Vahe Amirbekyan <av...@techone.com>.
+1

Vahe

--