Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org> on 2006/06/14 12:42:38 UTC

Private Meta data (was Re: new LenyaMetaDataGenerator and new namespace?)

El mar, 13-06-2006 a las 16:58 +0200, Andreas Hartmann escribió:
> Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
> > Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> >> Actually I don't really understand this concern. The workflowVersion
> >> meta data are accessed only by the workflow engine, they are strictly
> >> private and I see no need for applying any regular expressions on
> >> them. If you need workflow information, ask the workflow engine ...

> > my starting point to achieve this goal was the LenyaMetaDataGenerator,
> > which was written by a seasoned contributor to lenya, so i figured that
> > this was the most obvious and consistent way to get at the data i need.
>
> No, this would be the wrong way. Unfortunately the generator publishes
> the workflow meta data, which should be avoided. We could introduce
> private meta data, or maybe it would be better to introduce a whole
> new concept, e.g. internal document properties. But this would make
> the code more complex.

I totally agree that we need private meta data and would like to remove
the lenya:internal data block from the generator since it is causing
many confusions and this private data should not be exposed to xml.

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: Private Meta data (was Re: new LenyaMetaDataGenerator and new namespace?)

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Joern Nettingsmeier wrote:
> Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>> Joern Nettingsmeier wrote:
>>> if we go with the input module approach only and ditch the generator, we
>>> need very good documentation which must be updated frequently. the
>>> generator just outputs all available fields, so it always represents the
>>> current range of possibilities without requiring updates...
>> Another approach would be templating.
>>
>> Use some specific elements / attributes:

>> and fill in values using a transformer:
>>
>>   <map:transform type="workflow-template"/>
>>

>> This way, you don't have to pass the parameters explicitely to the XSL.
>
> nice!
> this would provide a really intuitive, consistent interface for users. i
> don't know how to implement transformers, but i would like to see
> someone do it :-D i'll be your alpha tester :)

OK - if you're interested in this functionality, would you mind
filing a bug, maybe with a syntax proposal, so that the idea
doesn't get lost? Thanks a lot!

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann
andreas.hartmann@wyona.com                     andreas@apache.org

Re: Private Meta data (was Re: new LenyaMetaDataGenerator and new namespace?)

Posted by Joern Nettingsmeier <po...@uni-due.de>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Joern Nettingsmeier wrote:
>> if we go with the input module approach only and ditch the generator, we
>> need very good documentation which must be updated frequently. the
>> generator just outputs all available fields, so it always represents the
>> current range of possibilities without requiring updates...
>
> Another approach would be templating.
>
> Use some specific elements / attributes:

> and fill in values using a transformer:
>
>   <map:transform type="workflow-template"/>
>

> This way, you don't have to pass the parameters explicitely to the XSL.

nice!
this would provide a really intuitive, consistent interface for users. i
don't know how to implement transformers, but i would like to see
someone do it :-D i'll be your alpha tester :)

--
"Án nýrra verka, án nútimans, hættir fortíðin að vekja áhuga."
"Without new works, without the present the past will cease to be of

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier, EDV-Administrator
Institut für Politikwissenschaft

Re: Private Meta data (was Re: new LenyaMetaDataGenerator and new namespace?)

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Joern Nettingsmeier <po...@uni-due.de>.