Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Amancio Hasty <ha...@rah.star-gate.com> on 2000/01/25 10:14:27 UTC

Re: Sessiontimeout: How to set?

> Sorry, I know this is a developer list, BUT I have a very urgent problem
>
> setup	: latest cvs tomcat / Apache 1.3.9 / Windows NT 4.0 SP 6a / Sun jdk
> 1.2.2-001
>
> In my Web App i have specified:
>
> <web-app>
> 	<session-config>
> 		<session-timeout>
> 			4
> 		</session-timeout>
> 	</session-config>
>
> [...]
>
> and would expect a session timeout of 4 minutes according to the specs. My
> session objects are unbound from the session after approxemately  110 seconds,
> there is no change in this behaviour with different settings in the xml-file.
>
> Do I edit at the wrong place? Maybe, is only the session timeout of the first
> web-
> application used?
>
> I do have a presentation in ~ 6 hours, so help is VERY appreciated!
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> 	Wolfgang

Hi,

I just tried the above example in the default webpages's web.xml file
and it appears to work;however, this is from a tomcat cvs a couple
of days ago. The default session time out appears to be constant
from any other xml configuration file -- that is if I take out the
session timeout from my web.xml the session timeout remains
constant irrespective of what the setting is on other xml files.
 I will try to dig up a little bit more to see if I can spot the problem .

	Cheers
--
 Amancio Hasty
 hasty@rah.star-gate.com