Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Jim Donahue <jd...@adobe.com> on 2014/09/25 00:11:32 UTC

Bug in JettyUtils?

I've been seeing a failure in JettyUtils.createStaticHandler when running Spark 1.1 programs from Eclipse which I hadn't seen before.  The problem seems to be line 129

        Option(Utils.getSparkClassLoader.getResource(resourceBase)) match { ...

getSparkClassLoader returns NULL, and it's all downhill after that. :)  Following the code down a bit, it's trying to get the ClassLoader which loaded Spark.  However, stepping into the getClassLoader code, there's a comment that says "some implementations may use null to represent the bootstrap class loader.  This method will return null in such implementations if this class was loaded by the bootstrap class loader."

Unfortunately, the code in JettyUtils isn't prepared to handle this case. :(

Jim Donahue