Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Reyes, Mark" <Ma...@bpiedu.com> on 2013/10/30 20:26:08 UTC

AJAX Solr returning the default wildcard *:* and not what I query

I am currently integrating JavaScript framework AJAX Solr to my domain. I am trying to query words such as 'doctorate' or 'programs' but the console is reporting '*:*' only the default wildcard.

Just curious if anyone has any helpful hints? The problem can be seen in detail on Stackoverflow,
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19691535/ajax-solr-returning-the-default-wildcard-and-not-what-i-query

Thank you,
Mark

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail message is intended to be received only by persons entitled to receive the confidential information it may contain. E-mail messages sent from Bridgepoint Education may contain information that is confidential and may be legally privileged. Please do not read, copy, forward or store this message unless you are an intended recipient of it. If you received this transmission in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message and any attachments.

Re: AJAX Solr returning the default wildcard *:* and not what I query

Posted by "Reyes, Mark" <Ma...@bpiedu.com>.
I just tweaked the reuters.js example to listen to the window.location
object and it resolved the wildcard returns.

I put it on pastebin,
http://pastebin.com/GyC4RMva

Thanks for the reply everyone,
Mark
------------

P. 866.475.0317 x 3244
Bridgepoint Education
INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS THAT ADVANCE LEARNING SM

Posted by Raymond Wiker <rw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.
On 10/30/2013 1:55 PM, Reyes, Mark wrote:
> solr.log file per Solr 4.5
>
> http://pastebin.com/zSpERJZA

Your queries all look like the following, with different numbers for the
parameters json.wrf and _ (underscore) that I've never seen before, and
I assume Solr just ignores.

{json.wrf=jQuery171015135826403275132_1383154109139&q=*:*&_=1383154109332&wt=json}

Those query parameters include q=*:*, so Solr is returning what it was
asked for.  You'll need to figure out why your ajax code is not sending
q=doctorate or q=programs instead.

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: AJAX Solr returning the default wildcard *:* and not what I query

Posted by "Reyes, Mark" <Ma...@bpiedu.com>.
solr.log file per Solr 4.5

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.