Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Len Parker <lp...@cox.net> on 2007/09/25 19:23:12 UTC

Re: org.ofbiz.base.start.StartupException: Cannot init() catalina-container (Protocol handler initialization failed: java.io.IOException: SunX509 KeyManagerFactory not available)

Problem Solved!

Thank you BJ, Walter, Jacopo, and Jacques, for your replies!!

It turns out that I have java 1.5 installed from both IBM and SUN!
The /usr/bin/java is a link to
"/etc/alternatives/java" which in turn links to
"/usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.5.0-ibm/bin/java". I removed this link and linked to
"/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0.12/bin/java", and everything works as
promised.

I realize that this is not the correct way to accomplish this task,
since most of the other java stuff remains linked to the IBM stuff.
However, it was a quick, and easy/lazy, way to determine if this was the
problem. Now, I just need to figure out the correct way! The day is
young!

<sarcasm>
Now, if I can get IBM, Sun, and RedHat, to play nicely in the same
sandbox, I'll consider tackling more serious problems like world hunger,
after lunch!
</sarcasm>

Again, thanks for your replies and your time!! I'm sure that I'll be
back with hopefully more challenging questions in the future!

Len