Posted to dev@datafu.apache.org by Matthew Hayes <mh...@apache.org> on 2020/03/31 19:28:59 UTC

Apache DataFu 1.6.0 released

I'd like to announce the release of Apache DataFu 1.6.0.  This release
includes the new datafu-spark
<http://datafu.apache.org/docs/spark/guide.html> library.

Additions:

   - datafu-spark library (DATAFU-148)

Improvements:

   - Remove log suppression in unit tests (DATAFU-82)

Fixes:

   - Failure to assemble due to jcenter HTTP usage (DATAFU-152)

The source release can be obtained from:

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/datafu/apache-datafu-1.6.0/

Artifacts for DataFu are published in Apache's Maven Repository:

https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/public/org/apache/datafu/

Please visit the Download <http://datafu.apache.org/docs/download.html> page
for instructions on building from source or retrieving the artifacts in
your build system.

Thanks,

Matt

Re: Apache DataFu 1.6.0 released

Posted by Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org>.
HI,

I only took a glance at it and now see you do mention Multiline in the LICENSE file so all good. Thanks for fixing the other things. It might be a good idea to list the files and copyright owner in LICENSE. It wasn't immediately apparent that that code was in the public domain. The GitHub site has no license (and an open issue to correct that) and the page linked to doesn't mention the license.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Apache DataFu 1.6.0 released

Posted by Matthew Hayes <mh...@apache.org>.
Thanks for pointing that out Justin.  I've removed the DISCLAIMER and
updated the NOTICE files.  Can you point out an example of bundled 3rd
party code that needs to be mentioned?  I ran the rat task on the source
release and didn't notice anything not already covered by the LICENSE that
I thought needed to be in there, as far as my understanding goes at least.

Thanks,
Matt

Posted by Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org>.
Hi,