Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Anton <an...@gmx.de> on 2012/10/21 10:23:47 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: Apache 2.4 for windows????

Lester Caine wrote:
> http://www.apachelounge.com/download/ is the closest you will get to
> 'official' downloads. ApacheLounge has always provided the latest binaries
> and useful supporting modules.

Hi,

thanks for the link.

But one question remains:

 why are there no binaries at the *official* apache download site?

Is there a reason for the delay ... I mean if apachelounge
can build the binaries ... why can't he apache project itself.

I always prefer to download products on their *official*
site than on third party sites.

Thanks

  Anton

[users@httpd] Re: Apache 2.4 for windows????

Posted by Good Guy <xf...@hotmail.com>.
On 21/10/2012 09:23, Anton wrote:
> why are there no binaries at the *official* apache download site? Is
> there a reason for the delay ... I mean if apachelounge can build the
> binaries ... why can't he apache project itself. I always prefer to
> download products on their *official* site than on third party sites.
> Thanks Anton

Well it looks like they have stopped releasing Windo9ws binaries.  I
wanted 2.2.23 version and that too is not available from the official
site.  I have decided to compile the source myself for my
test/development machine.

I have not tried or used any of the the apachelounge binaries so can't
comment about the efficacy of them.

--
Good Guy
Website: http://mytaxsite.co.uk