Posted to users@royale.apache.org by hferreira <hf...@solidsoft.pt> on 2018/11/17 10:00:07 UTC

What is Card ?

I saw a Card in an example that extends from Group.
What is the purpose of using Card instead of Group ?
I didn't saw any implementation inside Card.

Re: What is Card ?

Posted by hferreira <hf...@solidsoft.pt>.
Hi Carlos,

OK, it's a Panel.
Thank you.

Re: What is Card ?

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Hugo,

Card is a component that is used in modern UI development (check material
design or other actual UI sets). In Flex Planel was something similar, but
Flex Panel use to have a titlebar with a close button and a controlbar.
Jewel Card, is in development, and right now is a Group with Vertical
Layout and some gap. I have plans to bring more pieces like the ones you
can see already in our Royale MDL lib, but I think is not a priority right
now since there's some more needs that are before that in Jewel.

For now Card is widely used in many examples in Royale blog examples as a
way to see some "panel" organization but styles and other things will
evolve over time.

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira