Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org> on 2003/12/12 17:03:53 UTC

Apache Lenya 1.2 RC1 is here

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi

both source tar.gz / zip and binary distributions for windows / unix are
available. the windows binary uses the new lenya installer.

please give RC1 a good workout, and report any experiences, both
positive and negative, here.

if all goes well, we plan to have 1.2 final by the end of the year.

the big time announcement will be made for 1.2 final. consider RC1 our
chance to get things right :)

in the meantime, enjoy

-gregor

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
http://wyona.com                   http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya

Re: "BitfluxEditor" and "WebSHPINX" (Re: Apache Lenya 1.2 RC1 is here)

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ma...@rolf-kulemann.com>.
On Sat, 2003-12-13 at 11:45, Michael Wechner wrote:
> I think we should add a section "How to contribute software wise", where
>   we describe tasks people can tackle in an isolated kind of way, e.g.
>
> - rewrite the HTML form editor usecase with flow and as a Cocoon block
> - etc.

Big +1.

--
Rolf Kulemann

God rest ye CS students now,
Let nothing you dismay.
The VAX is down and won't be up,
Until the first of May.
The program that was due this morn,
Won't be postponed, they say.

	Oh, tidings of comfort and joy,
	Comfort and joy,
	Oh, tidings of comfort and joy.

The bearings on the drum are gone,
The disk is wobbling, too.
We've found a bug in Lisp, and Algol
Can't tell false from true.
And now we find that we can't get
At Berkeley's 4.2.

	(chorus)

PGP/GPG public key:
	 http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x6B4EA7EA

Re: "BitfluxEditor" and "WebSHPINX" (Re: Apache Lenya 1.2 RC1 is here)

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Andreas Kuckartz wrote:

> I am just trying to install the windows version.
>
> The readme which is shown during installation says this at the end:
> "Lenya includes software developed by the Apache Software Foundation, W3C,
> DOM4J Project, BitfluxEditor, and WebSHPINX."
>
> At least BitfluxEditor should be removed (as was discussed some days ago).

+1

> What is "WebSHPINX" (or better WebSPHINX) ?

If I remember correctly then WebSPHINX is handling the robots.txt issue
during crawling (in order to have the data ready for Lucene).

Maybe it would make sense to refactor it. When I have been taken a look
at LARM one year ago, I didn't manage to make it run. Also an
alternative would be the Cocoon/Forrest crawler.

I think we should add a section "How to contribute software wise", where
  we describe tasks people can tackle in an isolated kind of way, e.g.

- rewrite the HTML form editor usecase with flow and as a Cocoon block
- etc.

Michi

> Cheers,
> Andreas

Michael Wechner

"BitfluxEditor" and "WebSHPINX" (Re: Apache Lenya 1.2 RC1 is here)

> both source tar.gz / zip and binary distributions for windows / unix are
> available. the windows binary uses the new lenya installer.
>
> please give RC1 a good workout, and report any experiences, both
> positive and negative, here.
>
> if all goes well, we plan to have 1.2 final by the end of the year.
>
> the big time announcement will be made for 1.2 final. consider RC1 our
> chance to get things right :)
>
> in the meantime, enjoy
>
> -gregor
>
> --
> Gregor J. Rothfuss
> Wyona Inc.  -   Open Source Content Management   -   Apache Lenya
> http://wyona.com                   http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya
> gregor.rothfuss@wyona.com                       gregor@apache.org

> both source tar.gz / zip and binary distributions for windows / unix are
> available. the windows binary uses the new lenya installer.
>
> please give RC1 a good workout, and report any experiences, both
> positive and negative, here.
>
> if all goes well, we plan to have 1.2 final by the end of the year.
>
> the big time announcement will be made for 1.2 final. consider RC1 our
> chance to get things right :)

The windows installer works great.

Doing a quick scan I ran into the following issues:
- Jetty didn't start when using the "Start Lenya" shortcut in the "Apache
Lenya 1.2" program folder. I was not able to capture any error messages or
logging. Running the lenya.bat directly did work.
- A few error messages came across the console window when starting Jetty
(see attachement).
- The authoring area for the oscom publication runs into an
AccessControlException (see attachement)
- The authoring area for the blog publications gives me a "Page not
published yet" message.
- Using the BXE editor in the default publication runs into a empty white
page (both IE and Mozzila)
- Using the FORM editor in the default application produces the message:
RELAX NG Validation failed:
C:\tmp\Lenya\build\lenya\webapp\lenya\pubs\default\work\editor\authoring\tut
orial\index_en.xml.validate:2:293: error: required attributes missing

--
Danny

Re: Apache Lenya 1.2 RC1 is here

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Tonny Bruckers wrote:

> Thx for the installer !!!!  It looks like everything installs fine on
> Windows 2000.  When I run the lenya.bat the following error occured:
>
> running lenya.bat gives the following error:
>
> log4j:ERROR setFile(null,true) call failed.
> java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> C:\build\tomcat-4.1.27\webapps\lenya\WEB-INF\logs\log4j.log (The system
> cannot find the path specified)

aha. has my path hardcoded in some config file. not so good. it should
not affect operations though. does it run otherwise?

-gregor

Posted by Tonny Bruckers <to...@impactconsultancy.be>.
Thx for the installer !!!!  It looks like everything installs fine on
Windows 2000.  When I run the lenya.bat the following error occured:

running lenya.bat gives the following error:

log4j:ERROR setFile(null,true) call failed.
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
C:\build\tomcat-4.1.27\webapps\lenya\WEB-INF\logs\log4j.log (The system
cannot find the path specified)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.openAppend(Native Method)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:174)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:102)
        at org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.setFile(FileAppender.java:272)
        at
org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender.setFile(RollingFileAppender.java:156)
        at
org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.activateOptions(FileAppender.java:151)
        at
org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.activate(PropertySetter.java:248)
        at
org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.setProperties(PropertySetter.java:124
)
        at
org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.setProperties(PropertySetter.java:88)
        at
org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.parseAppender(PropertyConfigurator.jav
a:645)
        at
org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.parseCategory(PropertyConfigurator.jav
a:603)
        at
org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.configureRootCategory(PropertyConfigur
ator.java:500)
        at
org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.doConfigure(PropertyConfigurator.java:
406)
        at
org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.doConfigure(PropertyConfigurator.java:
432)
        at
org.apache.log4j.helpers.OptionConverter.selectAndConfigure(OptionConverter.
java:456)
        at org.apache.log4j.LogManager.<clinit>(LogManager.java:145)
        at org.apache.log4j.Logger.getLogger(Logger.java:85)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger.<init>(Log4JLogger.java:102)
Method)
        at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAcces
sorImpl.java:39)
        at
sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstruc
torAccessorImpl.java:27)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.ja
va:525)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.ja
va:272)
        at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:414)
        at
org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:76)
        at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDDocument.<clinit>(WSDDDocument.java:78)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.axis.SoapServerImpl.setManagedServices(SoapServ
erImpl.java:409)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.axis.SoapServerImpl.configure(SoapServerImpl.ja
va:236)
        at
org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.configure(ContainerUtil.
java:239)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInstance(De
faultComponentFactory.java:315)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ThreadSafeComponentHandler.initialize(
ThreadSafeComponentHandler.java:141)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentManager.initialize(E
xcaliburComponentManager.java:554)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.CocoonComponentManager.initialize(CocoonCompone
ntManager.java:530)
        at
org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.initialize(ContainerUtil
.java:282)
        at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initialize(Cocoon.java:324)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.createCocoon(CocoonServlet.java:1352
)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.init(CocoonServlet.java:501)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.start(ServletHolder.java:219)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.initializeServlets(ServletHandler.j
ava:436)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.initializeServlets(WebApplic
ationHandler.java:150)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.start(WebApplicationContext.
java:442)
        at org.mortbay.http.HttpServer.start(HttpServer.java:647)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.main(Server.java:429)
        at
)
        at
.java:25)