Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by John Skinner <jo...@appcore.com> on 2014/05/13 23:38:03 UTC

VPC VPN Multiple Connections to Same Gateway

Hey list -

Having an issue with VPCs and site to site VPNs with CloudStack 4.2 . We have an account that has a VPC setup in 2 zones within the cloud. In zone A, they have created the VPN gateway and setup a connection back to their office. In zone B, they are trying to re-create that same VPN connection to their office but it is failing. CloudStack is not letting them use that same VPN gateway because it is already in use. They are also unable to create a new gateway with the same settings because the gateway IP address is already in the system.

It looks like with CloudStack 4.2 we are unable to create multiple connections to the same gateway (1 connection from each zone). I have reviewed the notes for 4.3 and also looked at issues in Jira and do not see a duplicate of this any where so I do not believe it has been reported.

Is any one else able to reproduce this to check my sanity?

Re: VPC VPN Multiple Connections to Same Gateway

Posted by John Skinner <jo...@appcore.com>.
Excellent! Thanks everyone.

John

Posted by Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org>.
Hi John,

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
you are sane,

At Schuberg Philis we use the vpc gateway with a nicira network and
the code allows for those types of networks to be reused. I did not
dare to enable it for vlans due to the assymetric setup procedure.
This code needs revisiting. (cc'ing some people that have thought
about this part of the system)

Daan

--
Daan