Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Tejas Gadaria <re...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/25 05:19:02 UTC

Multiple IP in Guest VM

Hi,

I have 2 diff VLAN created by "default shared Network offering". I want to
assign one ip from both VLAN to Linux guest VM. Is it possible ? I am using
CS 4.3 with Xen 6.2 SP1.

Regards,
Tejas

Re: Multiple IP in Guest VM

Posted by Tejas Gadaria <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

It was good help.
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ has net.hotplug file. Need to check what it
does.

Regards.
Tejas

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 11:13 AM, ilya musayev <ilya.mailing.lists@gmail.com

Re: Multiple IP in Guest VM

Posted by ilya musayev <il...@gmail.com>.
I'm not sure about Xen, but VMware suppots hot-add NICs.

The behavior of not creating ifcfg-eth1 is linux and not cloudstack.

If you add NICs before you power on guest vm for the first time, it will
detect multiple nics and create ifcfg interface files.

I have the same behavior on VMware with or without CloudStack.
CloudStack (or vCenter without CloudStack) adds virtual nic, which is
presented if you run "dmesg" or "ifconfig -a" - while VM is up and running.

 From there on, CloudStack has no insight into vm, its linux admins

RE: Multiple IP in Guest VM

Posted by Suresh Sadhu <Su...@citrix.com>.
we have to manually configure on  server side.

Refer this :
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Multiple+IP+address+per+NIC

JFYI:

Cloudstack:

    User requests  for the association/dissociation of the IP address for the guest VM NIC via CS API/UI. CS reserves an IP and gives to the User.
    One NIC can be associated with multiple IP address.

          Note: User can specify the  IP address from the guest subnet  if not CS picks the IP from the guest subnet.
   User Role:

    User need to manually configure the requested IP for the NIC in the VM.

      2.  Cloudstack will not configures the IP for VM.

      3. User need to provide to which NIC, the IP should be associated.

regards
sadhu

You may need to stop/start the vm for the nic to be created. I am not sure whether nic hot-plugin is supported.

-Sanjeev

RE: Multiple IP in Guest VM

Posted by Sanjeev Neelarapu <sa...@citrix.com>.

Re: Multiple IP in Guest VM