Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Roger Goerke <ro...@javelinsolutions.com> on 2001/09/28 17:16:47 UTC

Using Struts behind a proxy server

During the struts startup process, the struts framework attempts to parse
the struts-config.xml.  This config file has a remote dtd reference:
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/struts-config_1_0.dtd

My J2EE container (Dynamo 5.1) throws a java.net.NoRouteToHostException upon
attempting to read the dtd.  I believe that this
exception is thrown because my workstation (which I am using to run the
Application Server) accesses the internet through a proxy server
and struts does not know about that.

My question: How can you configure the XML parser (JAXP) to use a proxy
server for remote dtd references?

Thanks,
Roger Goerke