Posted to dev@guacamole.apache.org by 黄启伟 <hq...@163.com> on 2020/01/08 08:07:14 UTC

guacamole-server Prolonged heartbeat

Hi,
      In my current project, I use RDP protocol to connect to the remote desktop, and the connection is interrupted. I want to extend the heartbeat time and reduce the frequency of disconnection in the guacamole server project. What do I need to do? Do you have any suggestions for me?

      Thank you !!!

Kevin

Re: guacamole-server Prolonged heartbeat

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 12:33 AM 黄启伟 <hq...@163.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>       In my current project, I use RDP protocol to connect to the remote
> desktop, and the connection is interrupted. I want to extend the heartbeat
> time and reduce the frequency of disconnection in the guacamole server
> project. What do I need to do? Do you have any suggestions for me?

Most of the time, for RDP in particular, the disconnect time is dictated by
the time limits set on the server-side, and not by any sort of keep-alive
between client and server.  RDP servers usually use various means to detect
"idle" users (lack of mouse/keyboard activity), and there isn't really
anything in Guacamole that can change that.  I suppose you could write some
sort of routine within a custom Guacamole app that would periodically send
keyboard or mouse input to make the RDP server think you are still there,
but, as a sysadmin myself, I frown on that behavior :-).

-Nick