Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Philip Ogren <ph...@ogren.info> on 2009/02/23 22:08:50 UTC

uutuc - uima unit test utility code

We have posted a light-weight set of utility classes that ease the
burden of unit testing UIMA components.  The project is located at:

http://uutuc.googlecode.com/

and is licensed under ASL 2.0.

There is very little documentation for this library at the moment - just
a bare-bones getting started tutorial that shows a very simple example
of unit testing an analysis engine (RoomNumberAnnotator).  A fuller
tutorial (along with javadocs) are forthcoming.  However, uutuc does use
itself to unit-test the code (over 90% code coverage) and is now used by
ClearTK which has more than 250 tests in it.  Both of these projects
provide good examples of uutuc usage.  It is by no means a complete
library - but we have found it very useful for our project(s).
Marshall, in response to your earlier email - if it makes sense to fold
this into a UIMA project like uimaj-test-util, then I think that would
be great.  I thought it might be easier initially to clean up what we
had written for cleartk and release it as a separate project and see if
anyone finds it useful.

Re: uutuc - uima unit test utility code

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Thanks, Philip.  I hope everyone takes a look :-).  Testing is essential
to have quality software (in my humble experience :-) ).

-Marshall