Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Xiaofeng Chen <xc...@unlnotes01.unl.edu> on 2001/04/20 23:02:02 UTC

where to put my own servlet in tomcat-apache? How to configure?

Hello, all: I have tomcat and apache work now. But I don't know how to configure tomcat or apache
to load my servlets from a specific directory. Would someone drop me a hint or an example configuration file.
Thanks a lot

-------------
Xiaofeng Chen
Software Development Engineer/Analyst
Interactive Media Group, Nebraska Educational Telecommunications
1800 N. 33rd, Lincoln, NE68583
(402) - 472-9333, ext. 569(voice); (402) - 472-3815(fax)
xchen3@unl.edu, xchen9@hotmail.com

Re: where to put my own servlet in tomcat-apache? How to configure?

Posted by Ivan <iv...@abac.com>.
You can just use a directory under webapps and create a context in
server.xml

You dont have to zip up a war file until you are done developing

Posted by Xiaofeng Chen <xc...@unlnotes01.unl.edu>.

Posted by Tim O'Neil <ti...@xythos.com>.
At 04:02 PM 4/20/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello, all: I have tomcat and apache work now. But I don't know how to
>configure tomcat or apache
>to load my servlets from a specific directory. Would someone drop me a
>hint or an example configuration file.
>Thanks a lot

This is like the number one question people ask
about Tomcat, this is the same problem I had when
I first started working with it, I still don't
quite understand all of the nuances of context
specification. Do the tomcat docs team feel that
there's really nothing more that needs to be done
with the docs with regard to TC's configuration?