Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Marc Lustig <ma...@marclustig.com> on 2002/12/14 00:29:19 UTC

Actions not executed

Hi,

I have this strange behaviour: after accessing the webapp the login-page
gets displayed, when I press on login tomcat reports a 404 error on this url
http://localhost:8080/audiotex/audiotex/action/LoginUser

It seems the action is not even executed.
There's no error in turbine.log.
I'm using the standard org.apache.turbine.modules.actions.LoginUser.

It appears Turbine does not recognize "/action" in the url and so it doesn't
invoke the Action-class. Instead Tomcat is looking for a real file
/action/LoginUser and therefore returns a 404 error.

I'm wondering on what level this problem has to be addressed.

Anybody having an idea?

Greetings

Marc

AW: Actions not executed

Posted by Marc Lustig <ma...@marclustig.com>.
The solution to this is very simple, once you found it ;-)

	<servlet-mapping>
		<servlet-name>myapp</servlet-name>
		<url-pattern>/myapp/*</url-pattern>
                                ^
	</servlet-mapping>

Without "*" tomcat is not passing sub-dirs to the servlet but instead looks
in the filesystem for the corresponding file and therefore returns a 404
error.

Marc

AW: Actions not executed

Posted by Marc Lustig <ma...@marclustig.com>.

RE: Actions not executed

Posted by Quinton McCombs <qm...@nequalsone.com>.

AW: Actions not executed

Posted by Marc Lustig <ma...@marclustig.com>.

Re: Actions not executed

Posted by Kurt Schrader <ks...@karmalab.org>.
On Sat, 14 Dec 2002, Marc Lustig wrote:

> I have this strange behaviour: after accessing the webapp the login-page
> gets displayed, when I press on login tomcat reports a 404 error on this url
> http://localhost:8080/audiotex/audiotex/action/LoginUser

Shouldn't that be /audiotex/servlet/audiotex?

-Kurt