Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Ken D'Ambrosio <ke...@jots.org> on 2015/08/06 17:38:56 UTC

Large messages not being scanned.

Hi!  I'm getting headers like this:
------------
Aug  4 04:24:58 agrajag spamc[2557]: skipped message, greater than max
message size (512000 bytes)
------------
Now, I'm just not sure where to *change* that; apparently, it's set via
the "-s max_size" for spamc, but I have no idea where/how that gets
invoked by spamd.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

-Ken

Solved: Re: Large messages not being scanned.

Posted by Ken D'Ambrosio <ke...@jots.org>.
On 2015-08-06 11:53, RW wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Aug 2015 11:38:56 -0400
> Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:
>
>> Hi!  I'm getting headers like this:
>> ------------
>> Aug  4 04:24:58 agrajag spamc[2557]: skipped message, greater than
>> max message size (512000 bytes)
>> ------------
>> Now, I'm just not sure where to *change* that; apparently, it's set
>> via the "-s max_size" for spamc, but I have no idea where/how that
>> gets invoked by spamd.
>>

> It doesn't, spamc passes the mail to spamd.

Ah; silly me, I'd assumed the daemon invoked the standalone.

> You can set the argument in whatever glue calls spamc. or set it in
> spamc.conf.

Right.  Finding the glue was somewhat trickier, though.  Finally
realized that it was postfix that was invoking spamc in the
/etc/postfix/master.cf file.  My line now reads thusly:
root@agrajag:/etc/postfix# grep spamc master.cf
         user=spamd argv=/usr/bin/spamc -s 1048576 -e /usr/sbin/sendmail
-oi -f ${sender} ${recipient}

Thanks for the pointers, all!  Got me down the road...

Re: Large messages not being scanned.

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.
On 8/6/2015 11:38 AM, Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:
> Hi!  I'm getting headers like this:
> ------------
> Aug  4 04:24:58 agrajag spamc[2557]: skipped message, greater than max
> message size (512000 bytes)
> ------------
> Now, I'm just not sure where to *change* that; apparently, it's set
> via the "-s max_size" for spamc, but I have no idea where/how that
> gets invoked by spamd.
>
> Suggestions?
I use just spamc to change the maxsize.  Spamd doesn't have a size from
my memory.

Re: Large messages not being scanned.

Posted by Reindl Harald <h....@thelounge.net>.

Am 06.08.2015 um 17:38 schrieb Ken D'Ambrosio:
> Hi!  I'm getting headers like this:
> ------------
> Aug  4 04:24:58 agrajag spamc[2557]: skipped message, greater than max
> message size (512000 bytes)
> Now, I'm just not sure where to *change* that; apparently, it's set via
> the "-s max_size" for spamc, but I have no idea where/how that gets
> invoked by spamd

how is your spamd called?
in case of spamass-milter the params after -- are for spamc

/usr/sbin/spamass-milter -p /run/spamass-milter/spamass-milter.sock -g
sa-milt -r 8.0 -- -s 10485760 --socket=/run/spamassassin/spamassassin.sock