Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Daryl Collins <D....@f5.com> on 2015/12/10 22:25:02 UTC

CouchDB crash during view access

Hello all,

Apologies if I get anything wrong here; this is my first post to the
CouchDB list :)

I created a JIRA issue for CouchDB:

Describing an issue that we are experiencing where CouchDB crashes at
least once a week, sometimes as many as 3 times per week, in our
production environment.

I embedded links to 5 CouchDB logs, from different crashes we experienced
in the JIRA issue.  Our CouchDB instance serves up thousands to hundreds
of thousands of requests a day to the same views that are listed in the
crash logs without issue, but every once-in-a-while the CouchDB log
process appears to crash, which brings our entire application down.

The bug appears to be related to the bug experienced in this issue:

Which was filed 2 years ago and never resolved.

This issue is causing serious stability problems for our environment; has
anybody seen this problem before, or have any ideas on how we could
attempt to resolve it?

Best Regards,
Daryl Collins