Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/16 06:04:39 UTC

Help in 3.0 development is required

Hello Sebastian, All,

I would like to ask for the help in 3.0 development.
I'm currently developing Recording panel.
Basic functionality is ready (I plan to finish it in 1-2 days) and now I
need recordings component in flash.

I believe the requirements should be:
1) pure swf11 component
2) should get SID as a parameter (to be able to get and play files from
red5)
3) should contain video, controls and timeline only

would be nice to have
4) the ability to pass recording id via JS to avoid re-downloading and
re-init of swf

Could you please help me and write such component?

Thanks in advance

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Help in 3.0 development is required

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Maxim,

I currenty have not enough time to write that code in a quality that makes
it useful.

But there would be some basic design decisions that might be worth to
discuss.

>From my point of view the recordings playback don't need a Flash interface
in a potential 3.0 release.

HTML5 provides video playback functionality. I am pretty sure there must be
also some hack to do seeking in HTML5 video.
So why build a Flash playback component for the recordings at all?

The existing FFMPEG component could be used to convert it into some HTML5
friendly format and the recordings playback simply uses that.

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Wagner
https://twitter.com/#!/dead_lock

Re: Help in 3.0 development is required

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!
I'll take a look at jPlayer

Posted by Pau Garcia i Quiles <pg...@elpauer.org>.
Hello,

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org

Re: Help in 3.0 development is required

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
I guess so

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pau Garcia i Quiles <pg...@elpauer.org>.
Hello,

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org

Re: Help in 3.0 development is required

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
That sounds cool I will try to provide some feedback

Sebastian

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Sebastian,

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.