Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by 徐伟 <hi...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/29 08:37:35 UTC

Hello

I would like to read the source code of derby core, but I found it was too
difficult for me.
Will anybody give me some advice?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Hello

Posted by John Embretsen <Jo...@Sun.COM>.
徐伟 wrote:
> Hello
>
> I would like to read the source code of derby core, but I found it was
> too difficult for me.
> Will anybody give me some advice?

I'm not sure what you mean by "derby core", but the database engine code is
structured as various layers and components, so you could probably start in the
area that is most interesting to you and work your way out.

More information about Derby code is available here:

http://db.apache.org/derby/papers/index.html

and here:

http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/HowItWorks

Feel free to send any specific questions to this list.

--
John