Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Paul Vincent Craven <pa...@cravenfamily.com> on 2003/06/17 20:03:08 UTC

Re: Creating text fileds dynamically

> How can one create text fields dynamically? For ex: may be one time i
> need 20 textfields othertime i would like to show only 10 text fields in
> same jsp page. How can i do this? Will please some one let me know,

We did it the old fashioned way and generated the fields ourselves using a
custom tag. I didn't see a way to do this that was easy in struts.

We kept the ideas on how to store and pre-fill the fields. And we used the
apache commons to validate the fields via regular expressions. We also
still used the actionerror objects for reporting back to the user.

Paul Vincent Craven