Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ryan Bloom <rb...@covalent.net> on 2001/09/06 17:09:16 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/os/netware mod_tls.c

On Thursday 06 September 2001 07:48, bnicholes@apache.org wrote:
> bnicholes    01/09/06 07:48:46
>
>   Modified:    src/os/netware mod_tls.c
>   Log:
>   Added the ability for MOD_TLS to take advantage of the mutual
>   authentication functionality built into Winsock and NILE on NetWare

Mod_tls isn't ever really used, because mod_ssl has the exact same filters.
Is there a chance you can port this to mod_ssl?  I will be removing mod_tls
later this week.

Sorry about this.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom				rbb@apache.org

Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/os/netware mod_tls.c

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.
"William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> writes:

> And Brian, please move your mod_tls into modules/arch/netware/ and consider renaming
> it (work winsock or ws into the name) for clarity, since tls is a very broad thing
> that doesn't reflect how specific this module is.
>
> Does that work for everyone, for today?

that makes lots of sense to me (butting in from left field)

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...

> To clarify, I am removing mod_tls from 2.0.  I saw mod_tls, and didn't connect it
> with Apache 1.3.  I will not remove mod_tls from 1.3 this week.

+1 for removing /modules/tls (I was confused as well, sorry.)

And Brian, please move your mod_tls into modules/arch/netware/ and consider renaming
it (work winsock or ws into the name) for clarity, since tls is a very broad thing
that doesn't reflect how specific this module is.

Does that work for everyone, for today?

Bill

Posted by Ryan Bloom <rb...@covalent.net>.

Posted by Ryan Bloom <rb...@covalent.net>.

Posted by Ryan Bloom <rb...@covalent.net>.
On Thursday 06 September 2001 08:09, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> On Thursday 06 September 2001 07:48, bnicholes@apache.org wrote:
> > bnicholes    01/09/06 07:48:46
> >
> >   Modified:    src/os/netware mod_tls.c
> >   Log:
> >   Added the ability for MOD_TLS to take advantage of the mutual
> >   authentication functionality built into Winsock and NILE on NetWare
>
> Mod_tls isn't ever really used, because mod_ssl has the exact same filters.
> Is there a chance you can port this to mod_ssl?  I will be removing mod_tls
> later this week.
>
> Sorry about this.

I'm sorry, I noticed this was for 1.3 after I wrote my response.  Why is there
a mod_tls in Apache 1.3??????

Ryan
Ryan Bloom				rbb@apache.org

Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/os/netware mod_tls.c

Posted by Ryan Bloom <rb...@covalent.net>.

Posted by Cliff Woolley <cl...@yahoo.com>.
On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Ryan Bloom wrote:

> On Thursday 06 September 2001 07:48, bnicholes@apache.org wrote:
> > bnicholes    01/09/06 07:48:46
> >
> >   Modified:    src/os/netware mod_tls.c
> >   Log:
> >   Added the ability for MOD_TLS to take advantage of the mutual
> >   authentication functionality built into Winsock and NILE on NetWare
>
> Mod_tls isn't ever really used, because mod_ssl has the exact same filters.
> Is there a chance you can port this to mod_ssl?  I will be removing mod_tls
> later this week.
>
> Sorry about this.

This is _1.3_ mod_tls, which only exists in Netware.  I've never figured
out why it was in there.  I never much liked the idea, but whatever.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA