Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org> on 2017/03/29 13:56:05 UTC

[DISCUSS] Status of the 0.98 release line

Hi Folks!

Back in January our Andrew Purtell stepped down as the release
manager for the 0.98 release line.

On the resultant dev@hbase thread[1] folks seemed largely in favor of
declaring end-of-maintenance for the 0.98 line.

Now that it's been a couple of months, does anyone have concerns about
pushing forward on that?

Do folks who listen on user@hbase but not dev@hbase have any concerns?

As with any end-of-maintenance branch, the PMC would consider on a
case-by-case basis doing a future release of the branch should a
critical security vulnerability show up.

[1]: https://s.apache.org/DjCi

-busbey

Re: [DISCUSS] Status of the 0.98 release line

Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.
+1 to EOL.

Thanks Andrew for all the great RM work! Won't forget the days 0.98
accompanied us in production (smile).

Best Regards,
Yu

Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.
+1 to EOL.

Posted by Gary Helmling <gh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Helmling <gh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Mikhail Antonov <ol...@gmail.com>.
+1 to EOL 0.98.

Thanks Andrew for all the work maintaining it!

-Mikhail

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 12:10 PM, Dima Spivak <di...@apache.org> wrote:

> +1
>
> -Dima
>
> On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 12:08 PM, Stack <st...@duboce.net> wrote:
>
> > I agree we should EOL 0.98.
> > St.Ack
> >
> > On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 11:43 AM, Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Please speak up if it is incorrect to interpret the lack of responses
> as
> > > indicating consensus on declaring 0.98 EOL.
> > >
> > > I believe we should declare 0.98 EOL.

> of

> about

> concerns?

> > > --
> > > Best regards,
> > >
> > >    - Andy
> > >
> > > If you are given a choice, you believe you have acted freely. - Raymond
> > > Teller (via Peter Watts)

Michael Antonov

Re: [DISCUSS] Status of the 0.98 release line

Posted by Mikhail Antonov <ol...@gmail.com>.
+1 to EOL 0.98.

Thanks Andrew for all the work maintaining it!

-Mikhail

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 12:10 PM, Dima Spivak <di...@apache.org> wrote:

> +1
>
> -Dima
>
> On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 12:08 PM, Stack <st...@duboce.net> wrote:
>
> > I agree we should EOL 0.98.
> > St.Ack
> >
> > On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 11:43 AM, Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Please speak up if it is incorrect to interpret the lack of responses
> as
> > > indicating consensus on declaring 0.98 EOL.
> > >
> > > I believe we should declare 0.98 EOL.

> of

> about

> concerns?

> > > --
> > > Best regards,
> > >
> > >    - Andy
> > >
> > > If you are given a choice, you believe you have acted freely. - Raymond
> > > Teller (via Peter Watts)

Michael Antonov

Re: [DISCUSS] Status of the 0.98 release line

Posted by Dima Spivak <di...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Dima Spivak <di...@apache.org>.
+1