Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Nigel S. Ball" <ni...@enesbe.com.au> on 2002/01/21 06:15:51 UTC

RH7.0 and Apache 1.3.22

I have just upgrade to apache 1.3.22 from RH rpms on RH 7.0

When apache is started using the startup script (/etc/init.d/httpd) it
reports that apache started OK

There are no entries in the syslog other than httpd startup successful.

There are no entries added to the httpd/logs/error_log

I can find no core dumps

HOWEVER, the httpd processes do not exist and a httpd status reports:

httpd dead but subsys locked

Can anyone shed any light on this situation?

Thanks
--
Nigel S. Ball
Enesbe Sales Pty Ltd

Re: RH7.0 and Apache 1.3.22

Posted by "Nigel S. Ball" <ni...@enesbe.com.au>.
On Mon, 2002-01-21 at 16:47, Daniel Lopez wrote:

> Nigel,
>
> Try removing /var/lock/subsys/httpd and restarting Apache
>
> Daniel

Thanks, that didn't help but based on other information I tracked the
problem down to mod_ssl which was causing a segfault. Removeing mod_ssl
from the system fixed the problem and is OK for the moment as we are not
serving up any secure content.

--
Nigel S. Ball
Enesbe Sales Pty Ltd